Janome 8900 piecing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome 8900 piecing question

I am super excited! I just purchased a used Janome 8900QPC. It is a huge upgrade from my New Home MX3123 which I have had for years and was my first and only sewing machine until now. I am wondering if you use the O Foot for piecing or the dual feed Foot AD? Does one work better than the other or is it just personal preference? Thanks for your help.

Re: Janome 8900 piecing question

Congrats on your purchase! I've had mine since Christmas last year and really really love it. I use the quarter-inch foot that came with the machine for piecing. Don't recall if its the "O" foot or not, and am not at home at present. I have not played with the dual feed foot as of yet, but it seemed clumsy in the dealer demonstration. I would be very interested what you decided to use and then what your preference will be. Enjoy!

Comment

Hi,
      I don't have your machine. I have the J 6600MC. I use the 1/4 " foot "O" for piecing. I use the Duel Feed on my machine to machine quilt small quilts and for sewing thick items that might shift. It is cumbersome to put in place,but works well. Overall, I like it.
      Kathy
      All quilts cat tested and approved.
      sigpic

Comment

I have the 7700. I use the O for piecing and the dual feed for bulky or slippery materials, like Minky/Cuddle. I also use it for quilting at times.
        Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
          I have the 7700. I use the O for piecing and the dual feed for bulky or slippery materials, like Minky/Cuddle. I also use it for quilting at times.
          Good to know about the Minky Cuddle. Have bought some but not used it yet. Friend who was with me when I bought it told me I'd be sorry for buying it. Kathy
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

I have the 8900 QCP SP, I am using the quarter inch foot for piecing, the dual foot with the quarter inch guide is perfect to sew on your binding... it's a Great machine congratulations !
            Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

I have had an 8900 for almost a year. I use the O foot to piece and move the needle position. I use the small accufeed foot to sew on bindings.

Comment

Working...
              X