star burst quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

star burst quilt

I like the star burst quilt tutorial but would like to make it bigger. If I add an extra row to each quadrant would I miss up the pattern? I was also thinking of doing this quilt using charm packs. Just wondering if anyone has every worked with this pattern.

Re: star burst quilt

I haven't worked with this pattern so i'm just going to bump this up for someone else.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I made the Starburst from Jenny's tutorial. Here is the one I made. I will also upload a diagram so you can see what you get if you do 3 across. Pretty cool.IMG_6993.JPG

Comment

Here is the diagramIMG_7253.JPG
        Hope you can see the diamonds this creates
        Last edited by kgirlmom; October 16, 2016, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Oops, forgot to address your question about adding another row to each quadrant. I have no idea on that one, but will play with the image above to see if I can plug in an extra row.

Comment

This is the diagram, adding a row at the top and one at the bottom. That's the best I can do - this is going way over my head!IMG_7254.JPG

Comment

In the seach box , put in "help, its a color question" and then scroll thru the thread and TNMTGRL put a diagram of how to enlarge this quilt for me. The one she has up there would be a big 108 wide.
              Originally posted by kathys View Post
              I like the star burst quilt tutorial but would like to make it bigger. If I add an extra row to each quadrant would I miss up the pattern? I was also thinking of doing this quilt using charm packs. Just wondering if anyone has every worked with this pattern.
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

Thank you all for your response. I will play with this pattern and see what I come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by kgirlmom View Post
                  This is the diagram, adding a row at the top and one at the bottom. That's the best I can do - this is going way over my head![ATTACH=CONFIG]136345[/ATTACH]
                  You almost got it, but your added rows are going in the wrong direction. Look at the last row, before your add-on, and follow it out.
                  Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Close but the added on row needs to be flipped around to finish the "diamond" shape. For example in the upper left quadrant turn the added on row to finish the dark diamond. Upper right finish the light diamond. Do the same for the lower quadrants and you'll have it made! I tried to upload a pic of the one that I am working on but it won't upload. Some days I hate technology.

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                      In the seach box , put in "help, its a color question" and then scroll thru the thread and TNMTGRL put a diagram of how to enlarge this quilt for me. The one she has up there would be a big 108 wide.
                      This is the post grammaterry is talking about - http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=64000

Comment

One suggestion: if you are working with more than 2 colors OR if your two colors (e.g., black and white) have different textures or tone on tone prints on them, I would recommend taking a picture of your starburst blocks laid out BEFORE sewing them together.

When I made my black, grey, and white one (using Connecting Threads' Moon Shadow fabric) the camera caught slight variances in color based on how the tonal prints were making my black and white fabrics look -- which my eye did not catch except for me to know that something "was not right" with the design in that the burst was not completely following through to the outer rows (but rather interrupted with what seemed to be a lighter color in the middle of two darker colored rows -- even though the black and white and grey fabrics were the SAME colors). The digital picture, however, was a great help in "seeing" which HST's had to be moved around -- I'm sure due to how light was reflecting off of the different tonal prints in both the black and white fabrics.

I hope this made sense.
                        Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
                        http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Is there a picture of what you explained in your post?

Comment

I made a blog post for reszing Jenny's Starburst quilt HERE/
                            I hope this helps.
                            Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Working...
                            X