X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrettyCurious
    replied
    Re: Silly Bobbin Question

Yeah, wind them on anything that works. I think I learned that the first time I got a machine that the bobbin winder didn't work on. I wanted to play with it before I fixed it. Then if I liked it, I would fix the winder. I liked it, so I fixed it.
    Same for shuttle [or "long"] bobbins. You can wind different long bobbins on other machines, because the long bobbin winders are usually adjustable, and will wind other sizes besides the one it takes to sew.

Leave a comment:

• cashs mom
    replied

Originally posted by stitchwishes View Post
    there are dedicated bobbin winding machines - there's the proof right there that it's just fine to wind on one machine.
    I thought I remembered hearing about those

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

No problem....use the same machine for winding all.

Leave a comment:

• true4uca
    replied

Ì wind my bobbins for my Juki, brother & Janome all on my Juki as I like that bobbin winder the best.Been doing this for years.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

Stitchwishes logic sounds sound

Leave a comment:

• stitchwishes
    replied

Theoretically there should be zero difference. That said, if a machine decides to cop an attitude I'd wind them on each machine I started naming my machines once I realized what distinct personalities they had, oh boy!

You can buy prewound bobbins, there are dedicated bobbin winding machines - there's the proof right there that it's just fine to wind on one machine.

Leave a comment:

• cashs mom
    replied

I don't know about all machines, but I wind the bobbins for my Singer 503 on the 301 because I can't get the wheel to move on the 503 so I can loosen it to wind the bobbins. As long as you wind the correct bobbin, I don't think it makes any difference.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Anxious to see other's response, but I have 2 BL machines, and don't see a difference in the bobbins wound on them.

Leave a comment:

• notsewfast
    started a topic Silly Bobbin Question

Silly Bobbin Question

Maybe this is only a silly question because I am not sure, but I have three different machines of the same brand that use the exact same bobbin. Does it matter if I wind the bobbins all on the same machine to use for all three machines or should I be winding the bobbins on each separate machine?
    ( I like the bobbin winder function better on the one I use the most.)
Working...
X