Silly Bobbin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly Bobbin Question

Maybe this is only a silly question because I am not sure, but I have three different machines of the same brand that use the exact same bobbin. Does it matter if I wind the bobbins all on the same machine to use for all three machines or should I be winding the bobbins on each separate machine?
    ( I like the bobbin winder function better on the one I use the most.)

Re: Silly Bobbin Question

Anxious to see other's response, but I have 2 BL machines, and don't see a difference in the bobbins wound on them.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I don't know about all machines, but I wind the bobbins for my Singer 503 on the 301 because I can't get the wheel to move on the 503 so I can loosen it to wind the bobbins. As long as you wind the correct bobbin, I don't think it makes any difference.
      Patrice S

Comment

Theoretically there should be zero difference. That said, if a machine decides to cop an attitude I'd wind them on each machine I started naming my machines once I realized what distinct personalities they had, oh boy!

You can buy prewound bobbins, there are dedicated bobbin winding machines - there's the proof right there that it's just fine to wind on one machine.

Comment

Stitchwishes logic sounds sound
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Ì wind my bobbins for my Juki, brother & Janome all on my Juki as I like that bobbin winder the best.Been doing this for years.

Comment

No problem....use the same machine for winding all.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by stitchwishes View Post
                there are dedicated bobbin winding machines - there's the proof right there that it's just fine to wind on one machine.
                I thought I remembered hearing about those
                Patrice S

Comment

Yeah, wind them on anything that works. I think I learned that the first time I got a machine that the bobbin winder didn't work on. I wanted to play with it before I fixed it. Then if I liked it, I would fix the winder. I liked it, so I fixed it.
                  Same for shuttle [or "long"] bobbins. You can wind different long bobbins on other machines, because the long bobbin winders are usually adjustable, and will wind other sizes besides the one it takes to sew.
                  Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Working...
                  X