Photo Block?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Block?

What do you think is the best and or easiest method to transfer a photo to fabric for a quilt block?

Re: Photo Block?

Best and Easiest - send your photo to spoonflower.com

there is a good article on printing photos at http://blog.spoonflower.com/2009/12/...tos-on-fabric/

I've sent a jpg to them and it was simple and easy. didn't take long either.

Comment

The best quality I got from buying good white fabric at my LQS, loading pics onto a thumb drive, and taking it all to a print shop on the next block. Worst quality was printed from low res scanned photos, and printed on the 8.5" x 11" sheets they sell at Joann for the home printer.

Neither was easy or inexpensive. I love the concept of a photo quilt, but it hasn't been a great experience for me. Especially the "how do I quilt this now?" part. I may check out spoonflower next time...if there is a next time.

Comment

I'm only doing one photo to fabric to hand stitch on the back of a quilt I am giving as a Christmas gift. Thanks! I'll check out spoonflower!

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post
          I'm only doing one photo to fabric to hand stitch on the back of a quilt I am giving as a Christmas gift. Thanks! I'll check out spoonflower!
          Spoonflower is definitely the way to go if it is only one picture. It is quick and easy, seems foolproof, and inexpensive.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I vote for spoon flower also. Remember, you can add your label to it also.
            Vonnie

Comment

I've never used Spoonflower. You can use the fabric sheets & print your own pics from a Word doc. you make on your computer. Each fabric sheet is ~$1.00 each. They're avail. from Amazon. I saw a quilt with photos at a trunk show at a quilt show one time. I use the fabric sheets all the time for my quilt labels. I personally have not tried to do the photos yet.

Comment

I used Bubble Jet Set (Amazon) because I have a jet-ink printer. Soak the fabric in it, hang to dry, iron freezer paper on it, and run it through the printer. I have a very low-end ($45) printer and the pics turned out great.

Quilter's Rules:
                #1 Buy fabric - no matter how much you already have.
                #2 Sew all day and all night - no cooking allowed.
                #3 Start a new quilt before the last one is finished - must return to #1.

Comment

Thanks for the idea.... my printer only prints black and white. I have a small photo printer for scrapbooking, but it only prints 3x5 or 4x6. I have to use a service. I did go on Spoonflower, but could not navigate the site... I couldn't find where to click to send a photo and order the fabric print... they seemed to want me to buy their stuff or design something.

I am going to have my son take a peek and tell me what to do. He will see it in a flash.

Comment

at Spoonflower, go to the design fabric area. Hope that helps.

Comment

I've used the freezer paper/fabric method to print labels which is easy and they turn out great. http://thegraphicsfairy.com/print-fa...aper-method-2/ If you read the article though, different inks for printers work better than others. I haven't tried actual photos though. For something special like a photo, I would do as others have suggested and use Spoonflower.
                      I am Sew Blessed!
                      Alina

Comment

Working...
                      X