Eye-Spy Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye-Spy Quilt

Finishing a quilt top. I want it to be twin size. It is a bit too long, will be around 93" X 53" (I don't have all the rows sewn together). I'm debating putting the last row with Y and Z on the back but think that will be weird. Twin X-long it will stay. I need to figure out how to border it. Should I do a thin 1-2" black border all around to tie everything together and then a fun 2-3" border on just the long sides? With that quilt would end up about 95"X60" (ish) Last decision is I made a label that I was going to print on iron paper and iron on to the back but I just had the thought that that would be annoying. It has a list of things to look for so one would have to keep flipping quilt back to front to read it and search. So, do I just do a 1-2" skinny solid black border top and bottom and a 5" or so black border on sides and put my label on the border? Just black border and forget a fun border? Lol - too many things to think about! And this might not make sense anywhere outside my brain!
    IMG_0560.jpg
    Last edited by Longstocking; October 10, 2016, 01:57 PM.

Re: Eye-Spy Quilt

This is pretty. Can't help you on the borders. I am always second guessing myself.

Comment

Oops - duplicate post - how did that happen?! LOL - I must be sniffing too much fabric!
      Last edited by Vonnie; October 10, 2016, 03:45 PM.
      Vonnie

Comment

It's pretty nice the way it is.

In my opinion it does not need any borders. Just quilt it and bind it. Your binding could be black and that would frame it.

I'm all for putting your label on the back, but upside down so that anyone picking up the corner can easily read it. Or, make a little pillow with the information on it so it can just sit on the bed.

The bed that this is meant for, will the sides and end of the quilt just hang down or will they have to be tucked in?
        Vonnie

Comment

No border, it looks great the way it is!! If I understand you correctly your last row will be a short one with just three letters, x,y,z. Could you maybe put your label and things to look for in a pocket in the last row on the front? I see what you mean about needing to flip it over to see the list, but my GD was looking at one I made, she is not old enough to read (she's 4) and she had lots of fun just picking things out on her own.
          Last edited by jjkaiser; October 10, 2016, 04:14 PM. Reason: Auto correct boo boos

Comment

Working...
          X