Circle Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circle Quilt

I made a Death Star for a quilt for my son. It didn't come out perfect on the edges so I don't want to just applique it on top of my quilt. Does anyone know if it's possible to sew it in? I've done a circle quilt before but the circle was cut into 4ths and put together that way. This is a full circle. Well, right now it's 2 half circles. Anyone know if I could just cut a circle in my quilt top and sew it in? Is this possible? Does that even make sense?

Re: Circle Quilt

Sure you can. Just make sure the circle you cut out has the seam allowance on it.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

IMG_0557.jpg Here's the Death Star. The quilt top is just strips of fabric. I could sew this in two sections if that even helps. If this is even possible. This circle is huge, at least 15"

Comment

That is AWESOME.
        Liz

Comment

That's really cool! You could do reverse applique.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...0apl&term_meta[]=reverse%7Cautocomplete%7C&term_meta[]=applique%7Cautocomplete%7C&term_meta[]=tutorial%7Cautocomplete%7C
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

To be sure it lay flat, I'd sew it on with machine or hand (whichever you prefer), then cut out the backing fabric... (If you have enough backing fabric.)

**hope this made sense to you**
            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
            :icon_wave:

Comment

Lorie - my first thought when I saw it was reverse applique also. By the way - that is just too darn cool! Great job on it.
              Debbie

Comment

Lay the circle down on your backing, hand baste it into position, and hand applique to backing, then trim away that extra layer under the circle. Perfect. 15" is not that big.

Comment

Wow that is awesome, please post when finished. I see all the suggestions from others and all are good, hard choice to make,.
                  Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

Working...
                  X