How to quilt this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to quilt this?

I made this quilt for my boss who is getting married in July 2017.

I recently got a long arm and was thinking to do something in the "cross" block, and something in the "circle areas" around the cross instead of an edge to edge design. (Hope that makes sense). I figured I would have a few months to practice on cheater fabric.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.image.jpg

Re: How to quilt this?

No suggestions but what a lovely quilt!

Comment

I'm not any help either but,I love the pattern and the quilt.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Lovely quilt. You could stitch in the ditch around the cross and heavy quilting in the background area to make the cross pop. Personally, I wouldn't do a lot of quilting in the crosses, because I don't think it will compete with the beautiful piecing.

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful! I think something like this in the cream sashing would be pretty and make the colored parts pop . I too wouldn't do a whole lot in the colored pieced parts except maybe stitch in the ditch or a star pattern. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/460844974352260125/
          I am Sew Blessed!
          Alina

Comment

I get ideas for quilting from other people's blogs & Angela Walters books. Also YouTube. I'm fond of Tamarack Shack; she does such beautiful quilting & her photography is excellent.

Comment

Thanks ladies! Whether you realized it or not you both linked me to tamarack shack. I already have some ideas so thank you!

Comment

Watch Recycled Quilts on Facebook, or on YouTube, he will free you up to do whatever designs all mixed together and they come out beautiful. Have fun. Don't stress over it, enjoy the process, the new owner will love it.

Comment

Working...
                X