Question about flannel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about flannel

As I am looking at my flannel fabrics, I realized that I have two different types, and I don't know if I can treat them the same way.

The first type, which I bought at a LQS and from Craftsy is a woven fabric. It looks the same on both sides of the fabric. The second type, which I bought from M*, two other LQS, and also from Craftsy has the pattern stamped on the front, and it is a solid color on the inside.

I have already made quilts with the second type, and it sews, quilts and washes nicely. I have plans to make pajama bottoms from both types, but I am wondering how the difference in these flannels will affect the finished project.

Anyone with experience with these both types who can share their experiences or give advice/suggestions?
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: Question about flannel

Sylvia did you try washing them to see how it would affect them. The difference is what I'm getting at. I've only used the one with the solid back.

Comment

Re: Question about flannel

Hi,
      I made one flannel quilt with a little mixing of flannels. For the top and back it was all thicker woven flannel (very nice LQS flannel). For the binding it was a much thinner printed flannel from a LQS. It came out of the wash great. Used hobbs 80/20 batting.

Comment

Working...
      X