LOVE the quilt - Does MSQC have a tut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOVE the quilt - Does MSQC have a tut?

Today I got the email about the new Block being charged to my account - no problems there - But there was a STUNNING (in its simplicity) quilt on the bottom left of the page. It is a nine patch with a large square in between bright solids. I know Jenny would have some shortcuts for this quilt - if I could find the tutorial for it or a pattern of hers for it. It looks so simple. Any ideas? I've seen her make a nine patch with a jelly roll but I'm hoping I can make it with one of my favorite charm packs. I just don't know the short cut for it. I was just about to start a quilt for the guest bed and this would be my TOP choice if I could figure it out. Thanks for any help!

Re: LOVE the quilt - Does MSQC have a tut?

I think it's the Irish Chain....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfIXnk_W4A
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

It is a stunning quilt.

Lilly, you could cut your charm packs into 2 1/2" squares. This would be great for Bonnie Hunter's style of quilting with leaders and enders. Just keep a stack of little squares by your machine and you would eventually have an Irish Chain quilt.
      Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
        I think it's the Irish Chain....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfIXnk_W4A
        Thank you so much Myrna! I think this is it! Do you think it would be crazy to make it with 5" yardage strips? I need to get this finished and on the bed before DH runs out to buy one. (He knows how slow I am and we have company coming in a couple months.)

Comment

You could make your blocks any size you want. Just alternate the 9-patches with the plain blocks.

Comment

My favorite of favorites, the Irish Chain.

Comment

I have one of my Irish chain quilts on my bed as we speak! It is one of my favorite patterns!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfIX...VFDHmDXqCIzuAw
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                  I have one of my Irish chain quilts on my bed as we speak! It is one of my favorite patterns!
                  I just love those two Irish Chains you did!

Comment

Working...
                  X