Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoky Monofilament Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Smoky Monofilament Thread

    I bought a Fall Scarecrow Panel at Hobby Lobby to hang on our front door. I decided today was the day so I got the panel, backing and batting out. In the past I have had less than satisfactory results with monofilament thread but decided that a new YLI spool of smoky monofilament would work perfect to accent some of the designs on the panel. That way I wouldn't have to constantly change my thread to match the variety of colors. I fmq'd around the designs, being careful to always pull the design to the back when repositioning the panel so my needle wouldn't come unthreaded. My needle never came unthreaded and I finished it with great results. I lengthened my stitch to 3.5 and lowered the tension a smidgeon to 3.8 on my Babylock Crescendo. My eyes caused me to have to make two or three tries to get the thread through the eye of the needle when I started but that is all on me. Monofilament thread has really improved since my last experience with it several years ago. I used 40 wt. cotton thread that matched the backing on the back. I used a high loft polyester batting to show more definition around the designs. Since this design is a seasonal wall hanging and will never be washed, I didn't worry about bearding. And a word of praise for my Babylock Crescendo, I am continually amazed that it handles anything I throw at it with ease and no problem. It makes a beautiful stitch with any thread and makes my quilting, purse making with heavy fabrics and leather, and my garment sewing so easy. It is so nice to know that my machine is not going to give me a problem which has not been the case with other machines I have owned.
Working...
X