Sashed half hexi or friendship braid for "Jaws" theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sashed half hexi or friendship braid for "Jaws" theme

I'm making a "Jaws" themed quilt and can't decide on a sashed half hexi or friendship braid. I've include a layout of the friendship braid. I would add black sashing in between my rows of braids. You may have to use your imagination on the sashed half hexi. I'm a little afraid of the sashed half hexi layout. With improper placement of the shark, he may be cut off on several finished blocks, which would defeat the purpose of the quilt. But, I love the sashed half hexi. I'm torn. Any opinions?

Re: Sashed half hexi or friendship braid for "Jaws" theme

That's going to be a fun quilt. I think I would put more of the jaws fabric and cut down on the others. He is the star after all.

True story..as a teen my friends and I went to see Jaws and then went to the beach the next day. Don't know how I got talked into that one. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
      That's going to be a fun quilt. I think I would put more of the jaws fabric and cut down on the others. He is the star after all.

True story..as a teen my friends and I went to see Jaws and then went to the beach the next day. Don't know how I got talked into that one. lol
      I absolutely love Jaws. We named our son after the police chief, Martin Brody.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenz View Post
        I absolutely love Jaws. We named our son after the police chief, Martin Brody.
        You are a true movie lover! Me too!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'd go for the braid

Comment

That's cute fabric! If you decide on the braid, starch the fabric well. I started out with Best Press but it wasn't enough to keep those bias edges behaving so I switched to regular starch and it handled much better.

I originally started out attaching sashing (couldn't find a pic). I didn't care for it on my quilt because I couldn't seem to get the braids lined up on each side of the sashing. It may have just been a bad sewing day for me or maybe I was being too picky. Instead, I just sewed the panels together. Wish I would have ordered more fabric so it was bigger, but it will have to do. Good luck on your quilt. Either pattern would be cute.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X