Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matching corners or points

Couple of questions please:
    Do any of have computers that you keep files on or print templates?

Second question: made a quilt top that had flying geese and squares. When I put units together had a difficult time getting seams to match. It appeared that squares where not same size, even though I thought they were cut all alike

Old stitcher

Re: Matching corners or points

Do the blocks have the same number of seams? Welcome to the forum. As for the computer, I have never stored template patterns on a computer. Maybe someone has some suggestions. A picture would help, too.
    Bev

Comment

Sometimes it's not the cutting - but how you pressed them - especially flying geese. They are easy to press out of shape. I find if I finger-press them and then sew them together, they seem to match up better.
      ***Kathy***

Comment

Did you measure your flying geese units before you sewed them into the block? Were they all exactly the same?

Comment

Thank you for answering-yes they did have the same number of seams, there were times the seams matched perfectly and then the next one was off by 1/8". Not sure why it happens unless I'm stretching my material when I iron

Comment

I will try that, I started making my flying geese the way the Missouri Quilting tutorial showed but maybe I'm doing something wrong there

Comment

Not always it would seen like some were wider on the bottom than the others but did not notice until I had started piecing block units together

Comment

I agree with Kathy, it has to be the ironing. Just press (not go back and forth) and don't use steam.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I am often a little off on my cutting, and that creates a problem with my points at times. And the pressing. I know I stretch the fabric when I press it.

Comment

Working...
                  X