• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPH
    replied
    Re: Twisted half hexi

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Katrina. On my monitor it looked like black. I think any dark shade would make those colors pop. Are you going to border it with any of the fabric from that line?
    We looked at a medium gray, and several other colors before we decided on the purple. Just about everything looked great, except for the blues and teals.

I haven't made up my mind as to the borders. We're heading down to FL to visit the grandchildren. They usually stay with DIL's grandparents but Great-Nana is having cataract surgery Thurs, so we're pinch hitting while she's recuperating.

I guess Monday of next week, I'll be figuring that out!

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Thanks for sharing, Katrina. On my monitor it looked like black. I think any dark shade would make those colors pop. Are you going to border it with any of the fabric from that line?

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    replied

This is a gorgeous quilt! Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• Rhealene
    replied

OH...that is so pretty! I got 2 layer cakes of that line when it was the daily deal recently...love what you did with them!

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Now, to figure out what I want to border it with, after going to see the grands at the end of this week.

Leave a comment:

• Altairss
    replied

Very pretty love the combination

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
    Ooooh, I got that LC when it was the dd! I don't know what I'll do with it because I only have 1, but it looks great with black sashing. Thanks for sharing!

The sashing is Kona Cotton- the dark purple

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Very pretty.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Ooooh, I got that LC when it was the dd! I don't know what I'll do with it because I only have 1, but it looks great with black sashing. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

It's the Oasis Metallica Patty Cake. The colors are so soft and pretty. It looks even better in my bedroom.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

That turned out great. I love the fabric - is that a line or did you pull them together?

Leave a comment:

• Yanna
    replied

Came out gorgeous. Love the colors.

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    started a topic Twisted half hexi

Twisted half hexi

DSCF0022.jpg

So, I asked the question... would 2 layer cakes be enough fabric to make a queen size quilt using the twisted half hexi... the answer is yes!

The only thing I did differently is I started with 12 pieces sewn together instead of 6. I cut 13 inches off the bottom and kept adding strips to the top. I hope that made sense.

I ended up with 35 blocks, squared up to 13".

DH likes the long length so there will be plenty to tuck, like a bedspread.

I'm loving it. Now to figure out what to put on the sides, because he likes it long there, too. He's soooooo like his mother.
Working...
X