Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twisted half hexi

DSCF0022.jpg

So, I asked the question... would 2 layer cakes be enough fabric to make a queen size quilt using the twisted half hexi... the answer is yes!

The only thing I did differently is I started with 12 pieces sewn together instead of 6. I cut 13 inches off the bottom and kept adding strips to the top. I hope that made sense.

I ended up with 35 blocks, squared up to 13".

DH likes the long length so there will be plenty to tuck, like a bedspread.

I'm loving it. Now to figure out what to put on the sides, because he likes it long there, too. He's soooooo like his mother.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Re: Twisted half hexi

Came out gorgeous. Love the colors.

Comment

That turned out great. I love the fabric - is that a line or did you pull them together?
      Cindy

Comment

It's the Oasis Metallica Patty Cake. The colors are so soft and pretty. It looks even better in my bedroom.
        Katrina

Comment

Ooooh, I got that LC when it was the dd! I don't know what I'll do with it because I only have 1, but it looks great with black sashing. Thanks for sharing!
          Cindy

Comment

Very pretty.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
              Ooooh, I got that LC when it was the dd! I don't know what I'll do with it because I only have 1, but it looks great with black sashing. Thanks for sharing!

The sashing is Kona Cotton- the dark purple
              Katrina

Comment

Very pretty love the combination
                Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Now, to figure out what I want to border it with, after going to see the grands at the end of this week.
                  Katrina

Comment

OH...that is so pretty! I got 2 layer cakes of that line when it was the daily deal recently...love what you did with them!

Comment

This is a gorgeous quilt! Nice work!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Katrina. On my monitor it looked like black. I think any dark shade would make those colors pop. Are you going to border it with any of the fabric from that line?
                        Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                          Thanks for sharing, Katrina. On my monitor it looked like black. I think any dark shade would make those colors pop. Are you going to border it with any of the fabric from that line?
                          We looked at a medium gray, and several other colors before we decided on the purple. Just about everything looked great, except for the blues and teals.

I haven't made up my mind as to the borders. We're heading down to FL to visit the grandchildren. They usually stay with DIL's grandparents but Great-Nana is having cataract surgery Thurs, so we're pinch hitting while she's recuperating.

I guess Monday of next week, I'll be figuring that out!
                          Katrina

Comment

Working...
                          X