Baby blanket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby blanket

Jennie did a tutorial on a baby quilt that was different than the self binding one. Does anyone know the name of it? Can't find it on -line. Have been asked to do up some baby quilts in a hurry. Thanks for your help. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Re: Baby blanket

Jenny did tutorials on a baby rag quilt and also a basic baby blanket in 4 tutorials. If you go to M* On YouTube and have the time to scroll down a few pages you will find them.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Here's all the baby quilts at the top.
      https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...sqc+baby+quilt
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks a lot ladies. While I couldn't find the pattern I wanted. I was able to do this job for my friend. Just have to edge stitch around three blankets and unwonky last two pieces of fabric., The pattern I was after took the smaller of the two pieces of flannel slid it under the ironed down edge of the larger piece and stitched it down. I couldn't remember what was done with the corners though. Thought for sure it was in the MSQC tutorials but couldn't find it. Going to save these patterns, because I'll be making lots of baby blankets this year. Thanks again Kathy
        Last edited by mischiefkat; September 16, 2016, 06:59 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Not that it's a help now but, for future, was it this one with Cuddle fabric? I think of these self binding methods as blankets and maybe your reference to baby quilt threw members off.
          https://youtu.be/TtXmuARqg38

Comment

No not the Cuddle fabric. By the time I posted my question on the forum, I had Goggled umpteen blankets, quilts, self binding quilts etc etc etc.. By that time I was a little concerned that I was looking for something I might have only imagined. I thought the title was Self Binding Blanket II. Who knows why I called it a quilt. Thanks for your help Kathy
            sigpic

Comment

Not sure if you watched entire video but just in case you didn't... The tutorial I listed shows process exactly as you described and shows how to do the corners differently than on the original self-binding blanket. I can't remember if Jenny said you could also use flannel or if it was just in the video comments but I know I intended to try it first using flannels.

Comment

Originally posted by iluvbaking View Post
                Not sure if you watched entire video but just in case you didn't... The tutorial I listed shows process exactly as you described and shows how to do the corners differently than on the original self-binding blanket. I can't remember if Jenny said you could also use flannel or if it was just in the video comments but I know I intended to try it first using flannels.
                No, I didn't watch the whole video just enough to see the Minkie.... so my project suffered. Thought about ripping them out after I watched the video, but didn't. Just used the embroidery program on my machine to dress them up a little. Would have been cuter using with the binding. Next time will be a different story. Thank you ladies again for your help. Kathy
                sigpic

Comment

I used the cuddle fabric tutorial with regular fabric. It was so quick and easy.

Comment

I think you're referencing the PBS special.... it was her opening tutorial. She cut the minky to finished size, sliced off the corners at a 45 degree angle, and then sewed those together to get a finished mitered edge. The inside piece of fabric was just slid in under the corners and edges, and then the minky sewn down on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud0Sjfo1U30

Comment

Working...
                    X