purse question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purse question

I purchased the quarter note purse from Emmaline Bags to make and carry at my daughters wedding. Instructions say to use ByAnnie's Soft and Stable. I have some Bosal In-R-Form and was wondering if I would be able to use that instead of the soft and stable. On a comparison site on the internet, they looked like they were very similar. What does anyone think? Also, for those that are attending the Fall Forum Retreat, if I bring all the stuff to make the bag along, and I feel like (have time to) make the bag while there, would anyone be willing to help me with it if needed - which I think I probably would need. Thanks

Re: purse question

I have not used Soft and Stable, so I can't really compare. I have used In R Form in a wallet, and it sewed like butter, and adds beautiful structure

Comment

I have used both and they are very similar. I tend to gravitate to using the Bosal product on smaller items as it is just a tiny bit thinner. Both are good products.

There will be a lot of experienced bag makers at the retreat who can help you.

Comment

Like Jean said, Bosal is a thinner product, but it is also a more dense stone than Soft and Stable. They can be interchanged.

I just looked at the purse. I do not have the pattern and have never made it. Do you have the piece for the closure? Make sure that you bring glue with you (I use 6000). You will want to use that when you insert that piece onto the purse.

If you need help, I'm sure myself, or one of several others will be happy to help out.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thanks for asking about this. I also wondered how those two products compared to one another.

I was thinking about making a NCW at the retreat since I know there will be someone *cough* Jean *cough* to offer advice in case I get stuck and confused.

Comment

Sounds like you girls have a plan. I just bought some bosal and I had soft n stable they feel similar. When is the retreat?

Comment

Thanks everyone. Bubba, I do have the closure pieces. Is 6000 the brand name of the glue? Any idea where I can get it - Joanns, Home Depot, etc?

Comment

They sell it in the glue section at Joanns. I'm sure Michaels and Walmart have it as well. If they have the pack w/the three or four small tubes, I'd get that as it is easier to control the flow of the glue.
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Patty J View Post
                  Sounds like you girls have a plan. I just bought some bosal and I had soft n stable they feel similar. When is the retreat?
                  It starts a week from this coming Sunday. There may still be a few spots left.

The main reason I don't use Bosal is because there is something about it that makes me sneeze nonstop. I try to not even have it in the same room as me! It is a nice product though.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X