X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cv quilter
    replied
    Re: FMQ Design Advice

Beautiful runner! I think you have already gotten some wonderful ideas for the quilting. Hope you will post a picture of it when all finished.

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

Very pretty runner! I like Rock's idea for the black stars. For the hexagons, I would probably stitch inside each one about 1/2 inch in, following the outline of the hexi.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

The runner is stunning and if you can stitch a straight line (not my specialty) that spirograph idea sounds wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Rock has a terrific idea!

Also, Rob at Man Sewing has quilting tutorials: http://mansewing.com/category/quilting-tutorial-2/

And over at Craftsy.com Angela Walters has a class called "Dot to Dot" which is also what Rock is describing. She uses different points of reference in the pieced top to guide her quilting.

Leave a comment:

• Rock
    replied

Your runner design is terrific. I can see rainbow variegated thread in the black center. Starting at one inside point, skipping two points, stitch to the next point; turn, skip two points, stitch to the next point. Continue until you end at the beginning point. This will give you a starburst, something like what you would see with a Spirograph, and the colors in the thread would compliment the happy candy colors in your hexies. Sketch it out on tracing paper to see if it works for you.

Leave a comment:

• Devchdm
    started a topic FMQ Design Advice

FMQ Design Advice

Long time beginner here :-)
    Am getting close to finishing this table runner and am already fretting about how to quilt it. I prefer to do something other than or in addition to stitch in the ditch.
    Because I am new and not at all confident I was thinking of black thread on the black "stars" inside the hexagon rings.
    I appreciate all suggestions.
    image.jpeg
    Thanks!
Working...
X