• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kateskloset
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2013

Janome blue dot bobbin case

Hi! Do any of you that have a Janome (I have a 7700QCP) use the blue dot (low tension)n bobbin case? My machine is being a little thread temperamental and I have been told to get one. I called my dealer and they pretty much told me I did something to the machine and I need to bring it in for service, and seemed appalled that I don't adjust my bobbin tension every time I quilt. I have had this machine for a year and a half, I bought it to FMQ and It isn't working for me. I am not happy, but I am willing to try this bobbin case. Any input would be helpful!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D
  • GuitarGramma
    Missouri Star
    • Apr 2012

Re: Janome blue dot bobbin case

I have a Janome 11000, and I have two bobbin cases: the plain one and a yellow dot (as I recall--I'm not home to check). I use the plain one for sewing and the yellow dot for embroidery. Maybe the blue dot is the equivalent for the 7700. I never had many problems with the plain bobbin case, but when I started a Hoopsisters project, I decided not to take any chances and bought the yellow dot. I like having both.
    Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• kaydee
      The Guild President
      • Feb 2014

I have all three bobbin cases, and I use whichever one seems to work best for the particular project/thread.

Comment

• Kateskloset
        The Guild President
        • Dec 2013

GuitarGramma, the yellow is strictly for embroidery, my 7700 doesn't embroidery......blue dot is for FMQ.
        Kaydee, what I am asking, is how do you like it, does it make a difference when you FMQ? LOL, I need, I guess, to hear someone say that "it makes all the difference in the world"!

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Comment

• seaturtle
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2015

I have a 7700 and only the original bobbin case. I have done a little FMQing without any problems. I almost never fiddle with my tension. What is your machine doing?
          Cindy

Comment

• gshalom
            Rotary Pro
            • Mar 2014

Had the 8900; now have the 9400 and have the blue dot bobbin...but I've never had a problem with tension so I've never used it. My quilting is pretty simple though and a more elaborate design might need it. But I have it if I need it.

Comment

• Barianne
              Prairie Pointer
              • Jul 2013

I have a Janome MC6300 Professional and was having a heck of a time with tension for FMQ with the original red dot bobbin case. I did purchase the blue dot one and do not change any settings and have no problem with eyelashes, etc. I change my needle to a 90/14, drop the feed dogs, change to the darning foot and also use the thread nets so that the spool thread feeds from the top and doesn't get wrapped under the spool holder and bring everything to a screeching halt. I also only use Isacord thread for FMQ - Judy Janome loves it!!

Hope that helps you!

Comment

• klgls
                Missouri Star
                • Apr 2013

I have a Janome 6600P and use the blue dot bobbin case when FMQ. For my machine, it really does make a difference. Stitches are smoother and lay nicer.
                ***Kathy***

Comment

• Auntie Uli
                  Designer Diva
                  • May 2015

I have a 8900 and am using the blue dot bobbing case for FMQ, my stitching on the back looks much better and I don't have any tension problems anymore even with two different colored threads in the top and the bobbin
                  Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

• Kateskloset
                    The Guild President
                    • Dec 2013

Seaturtle, my machine breaks thread, and skips. I have tried every needle, denim, all purpose, topstitch, quilting, you name it! I have tried Auriifil, Connecting threads Essential thread, M* thread, and Isacord. It seems to like the Isacord and the Aurifil the best, but it's still breaks thread and skips with them, just fewer times in a quilt. It's so frustrating!! I ordered the blue dot bobbin case last night, hopefully it'll help. I really want to love my machine. I am glad to hear you all say that it does make a difference. I will let you know!

Julie

Comment

• Lyndaj
                      The Guild President
                      • Dec 2015

I have an 8900 and pretty much suck at FMQ, although I keep trying. I bought the blue dot bobbin case, but have yet to try it.

Comment

• Deegles
                        Missouri Star
                        • Oct 2014

It is possible the red dot one that is currently in your machine is worn out. I have a red dot for normal sewing and piecing, and a blue dot for FMQ for my Janome Memory Craft 9000. The blue dot with heavier weight thread is flawless. With lighter weight thread you still have a tad of tension issues as the bobbin thread embeds shallow into the fabric instead of deep (if that makes any sense). I went to my LAQS and they had one on hand for only $32 so I snatched it up.
                        My mother used to own this machine and handed it down to me. She would take her machine in once a year for maintenence and turns out those bobbin cases because they are made of plastic do wear out. All you need to do is remove the one screw and faceplace and the bobbin case will pop right out and install right back in.
                        Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Kateskloset
                          The Guild President
                          • Dec 2013

Deegles, my machine is only 1 1/2 years old.....hopefully the bobbin case isn't worn out yet! LOL. I have taken it out numerous times, cleaned out around it. I just had to replace the throat plate, I was machine binding a quilt, the needle jammed and broke the Automatic plate Converter. This machine has 2 screws that holds on the throat plate. I am going to try the low tension bobbin case to see if anything changes, I like cotton thread, I don't really like the look of the Isacord, but I will use it if it works! I may get a new bobbin case just in case, I have read that lot of 7700 owners have the same problem, sometimes it is something as simple as a burr in the bobbin area.

Julie

Comment

• GuitarGramma
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2012

I have one more suggestion for you to try. Janome makes three Janome-specific needles: Blue Tip, Red Tip and Purple Tip. I tend to use these for anything other than piecing, and I've read reviews that they solve a multitude of problems. You can Google all three to read about their uses.
                            Toni (Southern California) ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• Deegles
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                              I have one more suggestion for you to try. Janome makes three Janome-specific needles: Blue Tip, Red Tip and Purple Tip. I tend to use these for anything other than piecing, and I've read reviews that they solve a multitude of problems. You can Google all three to read about their uses.
                              Karen, this is good advice. Some janome machines do not like the universal needles and are real persnickety and like the janome brand only.
                              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X