Designing pattern help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designing pattern help needed

I was asked by a friend of my daughter-in-law to make a memory quilt using her daughters old clothing. She wants a chevron quilt but she doesn't want the contrasting color to be the same size as that of the patterned fabric. I couldn't find a pattern so I drew out the pattern in the size desired with a 1 inch finished contrasting fabric on the diagonal with triangles on either side to make a finished block 6" x 7". Silly me I thought if I just threw one quarter-inch around each of the three pieces I could construct the block. That has not worked and I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what I should be doing to make this work. I'd appreciate any advice .

Re: Designing pattern help needed

this is the best representation I can find of what you are talking about. You could run the stripes either way.

http://annalenaland.com/2013/03/22/c...uilt-tutorial/
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Nice one Karen.

I found this one, but it's not free.

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...T_ATTR=PATTERN
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I knew you great quilters would come up with some ideas. I will show her these. If anyone has any other ideas, please share. Thanks K. McEuen and Hulamoon.

Comment

Thanks again for the patterns. Does anyone out there know what I am doing wrong in trying to make templates for this pattern?

Comment

Working...
          X