HST Around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST Around the world

I want to make a HST Around the world n rainbow colors. I like the De La Sol Batiks. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...iks-charm-pack What background color would you use
    Grey
    White
    ivory?

Thanks in advance.

Re: HST Around the world

I would definitely use white to make the gorgeous colors pop!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I think white would be too sterile, how about a sand color to keep the beachy/jungle feel going?
      sigpic

Comment

To really make those colors pop.. use a black. Or do you only want one of the three colors listed?? Then I'd have to go with the off white.. grey doesn't have enough contrast .. unless it is a charcoal grey.

** Just MY humble opinion**
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

My immediate thougght was black, but looking more at the fabrics in that line, there are some fairly dark blues. I think LauraP'ssuggestion of a sandy color may be a good idea.

Comment

White would look beautiful with those batiks!

Comment

I am agreeing with the idea of a sand color. It should have a hint of yellow in it.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

A blue! Bella solids - Spray, Blue raspberry, Breeze, Tranquil Aqua, Surf, Pastel Blue, Frost.... just to name a few and confuse the issue . Just a thought. Love that charm pack too! Cheers Jan
                PS I'm not a fan of white.
                Last edited by Aussiejan; September 5, 2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

My vote is for white.
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

The beige fabric on the right side of the bottom line of the colors looks like it would look good BG.

Comment

I'm not much a fan for white either. It seems like when one looks at a quilt with a white background, the first thing one sees is all the white. I like the tan/sand color idea, but would suggest using a batik fabric, maybe with a slight pattern in it. Something that will go well with all the colors.

Comment

I like the sand too. When I see a batik quilt I love it when it's all batik.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I used black as a background and was shocked at how the colors popped. However, the dark blues in this pack might be too dark for that. I would consider a yellow or a pretty blue. The white would be too stark and the ivory too muddy. I am afraid the gray would blend too much. Sorry to add another opinion that is different.......but that is what I would choose.

Comment

Ivory or white

Comment

This is your quilt and it should reflect you in the color choices. TheCharm pack you have chosen is so beautiful and bright. You have so many choices and as you can see from this post, so many opinions...you could use an orange, a blue, a purple, oh my...any of the colors that are in the palate would be wonderful. I think many of us are tired of white and we try new stuff to set ourselves apart and be unique. Neutral colors are time old go to colors. Remember...your quilt...your rules. Take your new charm pack and hold it up to some colors and see what you REALLY like. Maybe TNMTGirl could put it on her computer program and show you what it might look like.
                              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X