Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alter Ego question

Hi all,

I fell in love with the daily special a week or so ago... the Oasis layer cake by RJR. I loved the soft colors, and seeing them in person, I love them even more! https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...lic-patty-cake

I bought two layer cakes at the time. I've been debating between the Sashed Half Hexi, and the Alter Ego.

What do you think, will 2 layer cakes work to make a large queen sized quilt?

Which pattern do you think would look best?

I'm still in the process of moving, so I'm kind of restricted to just planning, but my fingers are itching to sew!

Be safe out there this Labor Day Weekend!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Re: Alter Ego question

Well I made the alter ego using "Josephine" and the colors are subdued yet I thought the quilt "busy", although it came out nice. For that lovely choice of fabric you made I would use the sashed half hexi. Good Luck in choosing.

Comment

My first thought was the alter ego, but after reading what alliek said, I think I agree and would go for the sashed half hexi. I would break it up a bit. I love that fabric, if I hadn't been on a fabric diet, I probably would have gotten it too!
      Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looooove this fabric! I would do a simple DSP 4 patch. IMHO it would give the large prints a chance to shine. Sometimes less is more. Please do post a photo of whatever you decide. I can't wait to see it and wish I had not missed this DD. Cheers Jan

Comment

I would do the Alter Ego... If you saw Jenny's tutorial then you know she used a floral line for it. It was very cool. I've made two of them using Floral lines and I LOVED them. As did everyone who saw them. It will work because when you make your Hour Glass blocks, you use the solids to keep the "Alter" in your pattern. I also, added some solids in, as I had only one Layer Cake and some Charm packs, so you may think of doing that. Like a Cream or one of those pastel solids you have in your Fabrics.

I liked my sister's Alter Ego quilt using bright florals, I bought the same same to make myself a sister quilt to match it.

If you like the Alter Ego... I say go for it. It's easy as can be and very pretty. This is the one I made my sister when I was at the retreat last year.

DSC05142 - Copy.jpg

Comment

I loved making the alter ego. I'm going to consider making another one this winter. It went together so easily and I was so proud of myself because everything fit so willingly. Love the one posted.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

Working...
            X