Disappearing Hourglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing Hourglass

I want to make this quilt using my variety of fabrics of different colors. I generally see it in one to three color ways. My colors will vary, the print and shades or values will be of equal values. i.e. small prints through out, quiet colors/muted shades no brights. Would the disappearing hourglass pattern look good this way? Could you please give me some feedback if this sounds good. Thank you so much!

Re: Disappearing Hourglass

I think that would fall under personal taste. Here are examples..

https://www.google.com/search?q=disa...HXuxC4kQsAQIGw

Welcome to the forum!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Have you seen the Original Tutorial? Jenny used a Layer Cake that had many different fabrics from one line in it. She paired a Colored with a white. There were lights, darks, mediums and lots of colors too.

You can see it here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXggafOP230

Comment

If you are asking if you only used your stash for all the blocks, I think it would be lost. However, if you have one constant background, say white or even black, I think it would look very nice.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

It all depends on the look you are going for. I can tell from experience that some blocks (like that one) look best with a bit of contrast for the design to really show. If you want them to blend together more, then your similar tones will work. Personally, I would put more contrast, such as a white/cream/pastel to complement the prints.

You might want to make a sample block in the colors you want. Nothing like a visual to help you decide.

Comment

The others have pretty much said what I was thinking: The mix of pale prints will be pretty with a solid background fabric. White or light cream. Some people would use black, but I haven't used it in that manner, so I can't comment on that. Try a sample block. Have fun, and Welcome!

Comment

Something like this? It is similar pattern (Broken Dishes) all very light colors.

Comment

Working...
              X