Anita Grossman Solomon--Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anita Grossman Solomon--Anyone?

Has anyone done the Rotary Cutting Revolution technique by Anita Grossman Solomon? I not only signed up for a class (Anita's Arrowhead) but purchased her book. Very interesting way of creating a block.
    If you Google her name, you can see how she does her blocks

Re: Anita Grossman Solomon--Anyone?

Wonderful techniques. Thanks for sharing
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

This technique is one I would like to try. I will be in search of her books now. Very interesting reads and videos. I am so glad you shared this!
      Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

The book I purchased is Rotary Cutting Revolution (New One Step Cutting --- 8 Quilt Blocks)
        After my purchase, I Googled her name and so much info --with same pages for quilt construction came up!

Comment

Anita is one of my favorite teachers....love her techniques and her personality.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

PERSONALLY, I did one of her classes and she got on my nerves.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I have not taken a class from her, but I've made several quilts from her book. The techniques work perfectly and are a refreshing change from the usual cutting and measuring. I've made 2 of the arrowhead pattern and was very pleased. Just be sure you read and follow her directions exactly--she has worked out the formulas exactly, so don't freelance!

Comment

She was a speaker at the quilt guild I belonged to before I moved. Many of the members took her class and have done several of her quilts, including the arrowhead.

Comment

Thank you your your comments especially since that is the quilt the class will be doing.

Comment

I have her book, but haven't tried her methods. She requires that you starch your blocks, as I recall, and I am really averse to using starch. Someday, I'll break down and try it, and then I'll probably love starch, and I'll need to post and tell you all that I'm a convert, and you'll all have to tell me I was silly for waiting so long.

(My family all jokes that I'm a worst case scenario person. Can you tell?)
                    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

i have taken 3 of her classes at Festival and will be taking another this year - she is just a great person/quilter/teacher. i do like her technique -it is quick, clean and my blocks always come to be the correct size. I do have that book - .
                      Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                        I have her book, but haven't tried her methods. She requires that you starch your blocks, as I recall, and I am really averse to using starch. Someday, I'll break down and try it, and then I'll probably love starch, and I'll need to post and tell you all that I'm a convert, and you'll all have to tell me I was silly for waiting so long.

(My family all jokes that I'm a worst case scenario person. Can you tell?)

I asked the lady who is teaching the class I am going to take about startching This what she said:
                        I did not startch my fabric but, startch if you want. Today I saw her finished quilt top and it was so pretty

Comment

I love Anita's methods and style. She is a great teacher and I have learned much from her over the years.
                          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I took one of her craftsy classes and I like her methods and she seems to be a very nice person and a good teacher. Everything takes its time and I sometimes have the feeling things could go on a bit faster, but that seems to be the way how she likes to teach.. So I am listening and there are always tips and tricks to learn.
                            She loves to starch, I am using best press only and will try some of her blocks without using more starch than usual...
                            Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

Working...
                            X