over thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over thinking

I always over think a pattern and since I am new to quilting I thought I would just get a yeah or neah to the following thoughts. I am doing a pattern called "Disco" which calls for 60 fat eighths-I have 30 fat quarters which equals 60 fat eighths-right? Then is said to cut 2 strips 3 1/2 x 21 from each fat eighths to have 120 strips-so I need to cut 4 strips from each fat quarter(4 x 30=120) Right? Then it says to cut 6 triangles from each fabric-this is what I am really questioning -so do I cut 6 triangles from 120 strips? Once I complete this task I may be back for more assistance. Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

Re: over thinking

Hi, Claudia. Your math appears to be correct. Does the pattern use strips and triangles in the quilt? Also, patterns normally use the term "subcut", if they want you to cut the same fabric again. In other words, it could say cut a five inch strip and then subcut it in five inch squares. If you can post a picture of the cutting instructions, we may be able to assist without guessing.

Comment

Your math sounds correct. What are the other cuts you would need and would you have enough fabric of each piece for it? I looked at the photo of the quilt and I think you are on the right track, but would want to make sure you have enough remaining for what I think is the 3 half hexis.

Comment

thanks ladies-I think I figured it out.

Comment

Working...
        X