X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• songbird857
    replied
    Re: Baby quilt question

That is absolutely enough, especially when adding a background color! Also, the nice thing about baby quilts - they don't necessarily NEED to be crib size; they can be for the stroller, or as a play mat, etc... so size is up to you!

Leave a comment:

• pixiedust0830
    replied

You can check Pinterest.com... I found a couple... Using 5 fat quarters

https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life...ial-2725533561

This is just one that I found

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Should be more than enough with background fabric and borders.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

A charm pack is about 3/4 .yd and a layer cake is about 3. a jelly roll is just under 3 yds. So, why don't you look at cutting corners tutorial and use the fat quarters cut into 2 1/2 in. strip. At some back ground fabric and you'll make a great small quilt

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

The "cheaper by the 1/2 dozen" pattern works well with 6 FQ so you wouldn't have to add much.
    Somewhere, there is a chart that tells you how many charms etc that you can get from a FQ so you could plan your own easier.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.
    replied

Yes, check out this website, they have patterns for baby quilts, and some only need as few as four fat quarters, of course those have more background fabric.

http://www.itssewemma.com/baby-patterns

for other ideas, you can also google "baby quilts from fat quarters"

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

Well, you roughly have 1.25 yards of fabric....do you have a baby quilt pattern for that amount of fabric? Usually, I have to put more (background) fabric with my fat quarters!

Leave a comment:

• nancy14418
    started a topic Baby quilt question

Baby quilt question

I have I have a set of 5 coordinating fat quarters. Do you think they could be enough to do a fast baby quilt, with back ground fabric added of course. Sorry to sound so dumb, but I usually follow a pattern when I buy fabric. This was a gift that I really want to use. Thanks for your help 😄
Working...
X