Enlarging a Bargello pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enlarging a Bargello pattern

I am looking for information on ways to enlarge a 83x92 bargello heart (Melinda's Heart is the pattern I am considering) to more like 96x100 or something like that...essentially a king. Adding more borders isn't the answer as there is already a lot of border in the pattern photo as you can see. Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated as I have a friend who thinks this is what she wants but must be a King size.

Thanks

41655.jpg

Re: Enlarging a Bargello pattern

I don't have this bargello pattern, so I can not give an exact answer. The easiest way to enlarge a bargello pattern is to add .25" inch to every measurement. If it tells you got cut the strips 2" wide WOF, cut them 2.25" inches WOF. If it tells you to subcut the strata .75" wide, cut it 1". If it says to subcut 1" cut 1.25"

Proportionally there will be a little bit of distortion. You probably won't see the difference with this pattern.

Good luck.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Re: Enlarging a Bargello pattern

Thank you, that makes sense using a standard variance for each cut element. Much appreciated!!!

Comment

Working...
      X