What are some good patterns for civil war repro fabrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some good patterns for civil war repro fabrics

Can somebody give me some direction what to Google? I am thinking of getting some FQ in civil war repro to make a gift quilt but am not sure how to narrow down the best patterns to show those prints off. Thanks!

Re: What are some good patterns for civil war repro fabrics

Most any traditional quilt would look good in Civil war. You could google Civil War reproduction quilts. There are also several Civil War quilt pattern books on Amazon. I made a hexagon quilt with Civil War fabric and am now making one with alternating snowball block and nine patch. Here is a link to a table topper with the snowball/nine-patch called Short and Sweet. I'm making a queen size with bigger blocks (4.5" finished). http://www.thequiltedpineapple.com/2...eet-quilt.html
    Here's a link to a Civil War book that I'm interested in. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Here's a a pic of what I've gotten done so far on the Short and Sweet pattern and one of the hexagon quilt called Just Judie.

IMG_20160730_215526440.jpg

IMG_20160228_123807203.jpg
    Last edited by bec; August 6, 2016, 07:23 PM.
    Bec

Comment

I just googled 'kansas trouble quilts' because it's a well-known repro line and there are oodles of images for you to see. Have fun!

https://www.google.com/search?q=kans...mABg0Q_AUIBygC
      Cindy

Comment

I got the Elenor Burns quilt book of the Underground Railroad Sampler book. I plan to use this for my Civil War repro fabrics.

Comment

Traditional civil war styles
          Shoo fly
          Churn dash
          Log cabin
          Delectable Mountain
          Hour glass
          Union Star
          Ohio star
          Broken dishes
          Flying geese
          Nine patch (often alternated with any of above listed blocks.
          And any type of string quilts
          This is my fav book on civil war quilts
          image.jpg
          Just like the farmers daughter sampler block book, there are some civil war love letters samplers books. One with letters from the north and one from the south. I have them both but do not know where they are at the moment. Have not made those sampler block quilts, but interesting and very touching to read those old letters.
          Last edited by bhaggerty; August 7, 2016, 06:19 AM.
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

Penny quilts also!
            Like this one, but there are so many lovely ones!

Have the pattern and the fabric for this, just have not made it yet...still trying to wrap my brain around cutting over 450 circles...the smallest circle is 1 and 1/8 inch in diameter and will need over 100 of them. Then over 100 of the 2 and 1/16 size circles....who writes these patterns????
            I don't think even the accuquilt can accommodate those weird sizes. I will have to adjust this pattern before making it!
            Last edited by bhaggerty; August 7, 2016, 06:52 AM.
            Happy Quilting!

Comment

I have way too many civil war FQ and found this to really help me get some great ideas... will be following along and hope ya'll make a few to show off.
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

I think sampler quilts look beautiful in Civil war fabrics.
                My quilt club is currently working on Eleanor Burns Underground Railroad sampler quilt and the fabric I'm using is Civil war-ish.

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
                The Farmmyfarm

Comment

Reproductions fabrics are top on my list when it comes to fabrics I love. There's no limit to using them in my opinion. They look great in any quilt design you choose - traditional or modern. Of course, if you're looking for block from a particular time period, I would imagine you will find lots of images if you google quilts or quilt blocks made during that era.
                  Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

image.jpg
                    Here is that penny quilt

There used to be a fantastic quilt shop in Marion, OH (near BuckeyeQuilter) that was called "the good wives quilt company" it specialized in civil war reproductions. It was amazing! Sad to see it close a few years back!!
                    Last edited by bhaggerty; August 7, 2016, 10:01 AM.
                    Happy Quilting!

Comment

I made a disappearing 9 patch quilt with reproduction Civil war fabric. It was fun, simple and easy!
                      Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

Originally posted by ucarrieme View Post
                        I made a disappearing 9 patch quilt with reproduction Civil war fabric. It was fun, simple and easy!
                        Interesting, do you happen to have a picture of that one?

Comment

Working...
                        X