HST question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HST question

A little spray of Best Press ironed on the block before cutting in two, or before drawing hour line, works really well to stop that bias pull.

There's also a nifty 1/2" ruler out there that you place corner to corner on your block and draw a sewing line on each side. You get perfect 1/4" seam lines to sew on.

Kathryn

Comment

This is the way most of us learned to make HST's.... Sewing before cutting will help stabilize the bias edges...

I always round the suze if my squares up...sometimes as much as an inch....then trim the finished HST's to suze.... I know there are people who do the 7/8th of an inch measurement....and don't have to trim...but that never worked for me...

I thunk trying to cut an accurate 7/8th of an inch us took fiddle for me and my poor vision...

Good luck!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
        This is the way most of us learned to make HST's.... Sewing before cutting will help stabilize the bias edges...

I always round the suze if my squares up...sometimes as much as an inch....then trim the finished HST's to suze.... I know there are people who do the 7/8th of an inch measurement....and don't have to trim...but that never worked for me...

I thunk trying to cut an accurate 7/8th of an inch us took fiddle for me and my poor vision...

Good luck!
        We did that in class and I struggled with the cutting portion. I think I would much rather size up a bit but I was learning and she made us all do exact measurements of every.single.thing. lOL ;-)

Comment

I hope you post a picture or comment on how this Triangles on a Roll works. I love that quilt pattern!

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]133726[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133727[/ATTACH]

I have purchase these and I can't wait to try them jut to see how accurate my HST will look. I have a specific HST pattern I dying to try and ordered the Triangles on a Roll to speed up the process....
            They make absolutely perfect HST's, but make sure you shorten your stitch length so it is easier to remove the paper backings!!
            Happy Quilting!

Comment

Working...
            X