Basting Large Quilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Basting Large Quilts?

This is the method we were taught in class a couple of weeks ago, without the skewers. I like that addition! I am still hunting for the extra large clips to buy for clipping it on to the table.

Comment

I found the best way for me is to simply lay the batting on my kitchen table, lining the middle of my batting up with the end of the table, draping the rest over the edge. I spray the batting with 505 then drape my backing on top, lining up the middle with the edge of the table. Smooth it down then iron it making sure my iron setting is compatable with my batting substance (don't want to melt or flatten the stuff!!]. I then move the whole lot off the edge of the table and do the other half. I then flip it over so the batting is facing up again and repeat the process with my pieced top. I then do some quick runs of machine basting with water soluble thread. Works really well and quick for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tsladaritz View Post
        This is the method we were taught in class a couple of weeks ago, without the skewers. I like that addition! I am still hunting for the extra large clips to buy for clipping it on to the table.
        I use the automotive "clips" that Wal-Mart has. A big bag is very little money. They are sort of like really huge clothes pins.

Comment

Working...
        X