Which way to press seams-Pinwheel block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which way to press seams-Pinwheel block

Do the pinwheel block seams get pressed open or do they still get pressed to the dark?
    I tried both and when I pressed them open it was a lot less bulky but my seams lined up easier when I pressed them to the dark.
    (I am really new to all of this but love learning about it. Please be prepared for a lot of questions )

Re: Which way to press seams-Pinwheel block

I press mine to the darker then open up the center of the seams on the back to do a "mini pinwheel" and eliminate the bulk...

this photo shows you how it looks on a 4 patch block...(click on the photo to make it bigger)

IMG_0593-01-arrow-300x224.jpg

Maybe we can get the shop girls to do a tutorial... OH JENNIE!!!!!!!!
    Michele

Comment

When I stopped at the quilt shop I asked the very same question. The gal said it's a matter of opinion. Some swear opening all seams others only iron " to the dark side" .. I had to laugh... Wendi

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I'll try doing a block like the one in the picture posted and see how that one goes.
        A tutorial would be great! I have LOVED watching all the videos! Everything is presented in a clear and understandable manner. It really makes me feel like even I could do some of the wonderful projects/techniques they have presented on the videos.

Comment

Working...
        X