Tutorial Summer in the Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutorial Summer in the Park

Awhile ago I think it was Natalie did a tutorial on Summer in the Park and at the end she stated something about using the left over cuttings and using them in the boarder. My question is if have all this left over swatches and I want to know how to add them to the boarders they are all different sizes and shapes depending on the length of the strip. Can anyone help or tell me where the other tutorial is.
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Re: Tutorial Summer in the Park

I have looked for the video and can't find it. What about a scrappy border with the leftovers. Would that work? Sorry I have no clue.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I think this is the tutorial you are talking about. She talks about scraps for the borders around the 3:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WgTyqB8Pc
      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I take all sorts of scraps from strips and just stitch them into on random piece,, then cut border strips from that! You can stitch them into shorter pieces and attach, that may be easier to handle...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GrammaBabs; July 29, 2016, 09:08 AM.
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I don't know about a tutorial for that, but I found a use for all those scraps left over from making a Summer in the Park quilt. You can sew them together to make blocks. Some of the lines & fabrics won't match up, but it still will look okay & a baby isn't going to care if his/her quilt was made from scraps. LOL Here are pics of what I did with those scraps last year. Using up scraps - July, 2015 001.jpgUsing up scraps - July, 2015 002.jpgUsing up scraps - July, 2015 003.jpgUsing up scraps - July, 2015 004.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
            I don't know about a tutorial for that, but I found a use for all those scraps left over from making a Summer in the Park quilt. You can sew them together to make blocks. Some of the lines & fabrics won't match up, but it still will look okay & a baby isn't going to care if his/her quilt was made from scraps. LOL Here are pics of what I did with those scraps last year. [ATTACH=CONFIG]133671[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]133672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]133673[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]133674[/ATTACH]
            I like your thrifty solution a lot. I have a jelly roll and yardage to make this pattern but haven't yet started it. Now instead of groaning over the waste, it's a feature!

Comment

That does not look like it has been from left overs , very pretty!

Comment

I combined the scrappy parts with other fabrics to dress it up.

Comment

What an adorable quilt!.... great idea
                  Originally posted by JCY View Post
                  I don't know about a tutorial for that, but I found a use for all those scraps left over from making a Summer in the Park quilt. You can sew them together to make blocks. Some of the lines & fabrics won't match up, but it still will look okay & a baby isn't going to care if his/her quilt was made from scraps. LOL Here are pics of what I did with those scraps last year. [ATTACH=CONFIG]133671[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]133672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]133673[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]133674[/ATTACH]
                  "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                  that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                    I think this is the tutorial you are talking about. She talks about scraps for the borders around the 3:30 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WgTyqB8Pc
                    That's it but she talks about another video also to do scrappy boarders
                    Last edited by AlohaSandy; July 30, 2016, 02:15 AM.
                    sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
                      I like your thrifty solution a lot. I have a jelly roll and yardage to make this pattern but haven't yet started it. Now instead of groaning over the waste, it's a feature!
                      This is amazing ive made 3 SUMMER in the Park i have lots of scraps thank you for this
                      sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Here is my solution to the summer in the park quilt scraps
                        image.jpgimage.jpg
                        They do not line up well, but when you add a 1-1.25 inch strip (.5- .75 inch sashing) between them it gives the optical illusion that they line up.
                        Happy Quilting!

Comment

image.jpg
                          Here is a better picture of it.
                          Happy Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
                            Here is my solution to the summer in the park quilt scraps
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]133685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]133685[/ATTACH]
                            They do not line up well, but when you add a 1-1.25 inch strip (.5- .75 inch sashing) between them it gives the optical illusion that they line up.
                            Another clever and thrifty solution! Thanks so much for sharing it. And I love how cheerful your quilt turned out. Lovely!

Comment

Working...
                            X