Once again I need your help......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Once again I need your help......

Thanks for sharing. Needle position is something I hadn't considered. I thought everyone had their needle on center when using a walking foot.
    As a line leader at work, I try to pay attention to the way people do things, especially if we aren't getting the desired result. Of course when I spot the problem, and help them correct it, I always say, "Don't feel dumb, if you did it, someone else will do it." and "If we didn't make a mistake today, we probably didn't learn anything"
    Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I'm not sure anyone answered your question about the needle. I use Top Stitch 90-14 quilting needles when working on quilt sandwiches. The eye of the needle is larger & allows the thread to move through more easily. I usually use 40 wt. quilting thread when quilting either on my DSM or my LA. But it's ok to use 50; it works, too. Some folks do finer quilting work with 60 wt. thread, which I have never done, but I watched a video on YouTube by someone who was quilting feathers. I know some quilters use a dif. wt. thread in the bobbin than on the top, but I've always used the same wt. & type of thread both on top & bottom.

Comment

Straight line quilting is my go-to rescue for almost all my quilts. The walking foot is my friend and I am sure I have a FMQ foot but don't ask me where. Unless the machine has an in-built stitch regulator, some stitches will be shorter and some longer. I don't sweat too much over that. However, when you say you that you can stick your thumb into it, makes me think that you may be skipping stitches. I have had this problem in the past. Two things to do - switch to a new 90/14 needle and increase the pressure of the presser foot. Hope that works.
        Preeti
        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Some times the simplest solution is the answer. I am sure you did this but if you did not remove the bobbin, make sure the thread is tight and re install it. Then re-thread the machine. I use rubber palm gloves when doing this since they allow me to keep the fabric moving with the needle.
          sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

Working...
          X