Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on my Bernina 750 QE

Hi dears,

I kindly ask you for help or an idea or an experience with your Bernina 750 QE, using the BSR for FMQ. I never get a satisfying result. I think the problem is the Tension. In regular Modus, the top Tension seems to be to tight and the bobbin thread is pulled to the top. When I lower the top Tension, the bobbin thread does not longer come up to the top, but than both threads seem to be too loose and the stitch Picture does not look very nice.

Do you have similar experiences with your machine and did you find a solution?

By the way, I had my machine at the Service and the technician could not help me.

Thanks for your help

Re: question on my Bernina 750 QE

I have the Bernina 820. It's very picky about threads. I have found if I stick to aurifil life is good. Try switching threads.

Comment

Thanks dear, I will try different threads and look what happens.

Comment

I have the 750 QE, too, and I've found the ideal tension for me is usually around 3.25 to 3.20. Stitch length 2.0 seems to work best for me if I'm using the BSR, if I lengthen it more than that, I do see the bobbin thread peeking up. I generally use a low loft cotton batt or 80/20 and Aurifil 50wt. thread for quilting. If I use the BSR I use mode 1. Hope that helps.

Comment

Heather, you are my hero!! I never thought about the stitch length could have an impact. will try it immediately! Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
          X