What color thread of quilting this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color thread of quilting this??

I made this wall hanging for a friend who did family portraits for us, I don't love it, but I want to finish it and move on. I want to quilt it on my sister's domestic machine this weekend. What color thread should I use??

image.jpg

Re: What color thread of quilting this??

**** for quilting....

Also, it is 2 inch squares on a fuse able grid foundation... How densely should I even quilt it??

The total size is about 22 in X 36 in

Comment

I think I would do some color changes to accent the mountains.

Comment

I was thinking switch colors too, but I think a light olive green would look good overall.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

If you are just using one color.......what about a gray to match the thin border you used. Or if you are using more than one color I like "quiltaways" idea.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I think a grey would look good on all of it.

Comment

grey would work beautifully. as for the quilting, you don't need much at all, especially since it's a wall hanging(won't be washed or 'over-loved' like quilts tend to be).

Comment

First of all- I really, really like this wall hanging you did- colors are great & a nice design! I agree with the majority- gray will show up nicely!
                sigpicThat which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.... Keep Moving Forward !!... :icon_calm:

Comment

Working...
                X