eucalyptus batting - odour issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eucalyptus batting - odour issues

This is the first time I have used this type of batting. Light weight and quilts well. My only issue is the smell. I pre-washed the batting as instructed by the quilt store but it still smelled strong when it came out of the dryer. I have finished my quilt and it looks lovely but even after washing it twice there is still a slight odour. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: eucalyptus batting - odour issues

Hello and welcome from northern California I don't know the answer to your question but more knowledgeable folks will be along soon, I am sure.

Jeannette

Comment

That's what I'm hoping ��

Hello from Canada!

Comment

Does it smell like eucalyptus? That would be nice for people who always have stuffy noses in the winter time. Sorry, I didn't know there was a batting made from it.

Comment

I never heard of eucalyptus batting. Where do you find it? I searched on Google and couldn't find it. .. And welcome from Ocala Florida .
          SandyWhite
          Ocala, Florida
          http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

I love the smell of eucalyptus, so I don't think I would mind this at all...I am pretty sure it is probably supposed to have an aroma...otherwise, what would be the point...js
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Eucalyptus batting? shhhhhhh...don't tell our koalas, they'll be real cranky about losing their food source! lol!

What in goodness sake is eucalyptus batting...very intriguing.... I'm imagining trees being "mooshed up" in their thousands and koalas standing by weeping! lol

Comment

There was a thread that discussed eucalyptus batting with a link to a site about it : http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...ght=eucalyptus

Jeannette

Comment

[QUOTE=KathrynOrleansCanada;894279]This is the first time I have used this type of batting. Light weight and quilts well. My only issue is the smell. I pre-washed the batting as instructed by the quilt store but it still smelled strong when it came out of the dryer. I have finished my quilt and it looks lovely but even after washing it twice there is still a slight odour. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks.

The company is Mother Natures Batting. 100% eucalyptus. Chemical free, fire retardant, antibacterial, non-allergenic. All properties of why I chose it.

Comment

I sent a quilt that had a strong tobacco smell in it to the cleaners. They did not get the smell out. Finally put it in the dryer with several dryer sheets and some wet towels and dried it on low heat for an hour. Did the trick. Don't know if that will work for your quilt but might be worth a try.

You could also try soaking it in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar. Then dry on low heat.
                    Vonnie

Comment

Thank you! That is certainly worth a try.

Comment

I once received several quilt blocks in a block exchange that had a very, very strong cigarette odor. I took them outside, sprinkled baking soda on the cement, laid the blocks down on it, then sprinkled more baking soda on top. Came back a couple of hours later and the smell was gone.

Comment

Working...
                        X