2-color binding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-color binding

Has anyone made a quilt with a 2 color binding? If so, hard difficult is it? Is there a tutorial I can follow? Any input greatly appreciated.

Re: 2-color binding

I've done a flange binding, similar to the link below. I love how it looks, but I will match the thread color to the back of the quilt next time since there is a space between the binding and the stitching.

http://freshofftheframe.blogspot.com...y-machine.html

I'm not sure if that is what you meant, but if not, I did recently see a post with a different color binding on front than back. Hopefully someone will remember and post a link. I've never tried that method.

Comment

A flange binding has the two colors on the front, one color on the back. But there is a method to make one color on the front and a different color on the back. I have a pattern for placemats that uses the 2nd method - but I haven't done it yet. I know there are tutorials for the flange binding, and there are probably tutorials for the other as well. If you need a flange tutorial, let me know, and I'll find mine in my quilting folder.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Here is the flange binding tute I used.

http://www.52quilts.com/2012/05/tues...c-binding.html

I have seen a tute where it was a different color on each side, but I never saved it. Seemed like a pain.
        ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

Here is one. I wasn't using the right search words.

http://mamaspark.blogspot.com/2014/0...-tutorial.html
          ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

Jenny did one in the baby quilt

http://quiltingtutorials.com/basic-s...lange-binding/
            Cindy

Comment

I've done one - can't remember the source of instruction I used though. I found it quite easy and it truly gives a great effect.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I've made pieced bindings from several different fabrics. I used FQ strips. Jenny sometimes uses even 5" charm pieces for a pieced binding. I'm not sure if you're wanting one color on the front and another color on the back or what. There are no quilt police. Make it like you want it.

Comment

Great - thank you all. Hulamoon - that's the type I was looking for. I've done pieced borders and like that affect also - but for this quilt, it needs a solid. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsquilting View Post
                    Great - thank you all. Hulamoon - that's the type I was looking for. I've done pieced borders and like that affect also - but for this quilt, it needs a solid. Thank you.
                    Your welcome! It doesn't look so hard after all.
                    ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

I've seen the flanged binding and want to try it. But this two sides technique is new to me, and I like it too! At first I figured it was just too pieces of fabric the same width but it isn't, how crazy is that? Thanks for sharing, I'm saving this thread for a future project.

Comment

I've put a flange binding on several quilts now. It really isn't hard and does give a different look.
                        โ€œWhat we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.โ€

― Albert Pine

Comment

If I were given to swearing, I would swear that if it exists online, our Lorie Hulamoon can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
                            If I were given to swearing, I would swear that if it exists online, our Lorie Hulamoon can find it.
                            What a sweet thing to say. Thank you
                            ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

SO, I printed out the instructions for the 2 color binding, followed instructions - and finished it. I am really happy with the results. As soon as I get some pictures, will post. Thank you all for your input.

Comment

Working...
                              X