No announcement yet.

Need help to create instructions for block (LOGO) that would be placed on point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to create instructions for block (LOGO) that would be placed on point

I am pretty new at quilting so I'm not sure how to create this block (company logo). I laid it out so it was horizontal and then I tried to figure out how to cut/create the block.

Is the a software program than can help to do this or are there quilters that can provide a design/instruction service?

Logo block_resized.jpg

THANKS!

Re: Need help to create instructions for block (LOGO) that would be placed on point

EQ 7 may help you figure it out...don't have that software myself..but there are those on here that do. It actually looks like a pretty simple block to figure out. 1 sashed square, 4 rectangles, 4 hst (2 with the added strip. ) I am sure some one that is good at figuring these out mathematically will be along soon.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Need help to create instructions for block (LOGO) that would be placed on point

Hi how about doing it by foundation piecing you may find that an easier method .

Comment

I used EQ7 to put together a block similar to your logo which could be paper pieced. The problem I had is that the upper and lower white stripes (diagonal to the orientation of the block) have to be slightly larger than the other white stripes.
        Logo Block.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Quilting Chris View Post
          I used EQ7 to put together a block similar to your logo which could be paper pieced. The problem I had is that the upper and lower white stripes (diagonal to the orientation of the block) have to be slightly larger than the other white stripes.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]133513[/ATTACH]
          Good job!
          Dimensionally - the diagonal strips look right, but I can see where you might think it's a bit off. What if there were a seam down the middle of the two diagonal white strips, so it looks like the inside fold of the box corner? If that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
          X