Frixion pen question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frixion pen question

RE: Frixion pens. Some say it will wash out and not return with the cold. However, I personally know of 2 quilters who used Frixion pens that left a permanent shadow on some fabrics, even with multiple washes.

I attended a Ricky Tims/Alex Anderson seminar 4 months ago. Alex Anderson said emphatically: "DO NOT EVER USE FRIXION PENS TO MARK A QUILT!" Tim Latimer agrees. The pens were not designed with quilters in mind and have not been tested for that use.

I'd rather use soap slivers and/or washable markers. Here is one very well known quilter who recommends washable markers.

Comment

Re: Frixion pen question

One problem with frixion pens is that they actually remove color sometimes. You'll think it's left a line that won't wash out of a dark fabric, when in reality the color is gone from the fabric. No way of knowing how it will behave with a particular fabric unless you test first. This isn't going to be a problem on light or white fabric. The residue left by the pen probably will almost always wash out eventually.

In my opinion they're great for quilts and things that are going to get used and loved. If a few marks would be devastating, save it for seam lines and outside the cut lines, or not at all. Colors chalks and pens can sometimes stain, soap and tape might be the only safe marks.

Comment

Working...
      X