Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I use a Crossroads Denim for binding on small top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could I use a Crossroads Denim for binding on small top?

I put together a fence rail top following Crafty Gemini Creates' baby play mat tutorial. I have the Crossroads Denim for the backing. My problem is that with all the fabric I have in this house, nothing in the right colorway for binding. Have no additional jelly roll strips from the line. I'm trying to avoid white which I have but much prefer the color of the Crossroads Denim backing. Just wondering if anyone has ever used it for binding. Thanks for any help.

Re: Could I use a Crossroads Denim for binding on small top?

No reason you shouldn't if you can make it behave. I'm not familiar with it, but if it isn't too heavy, it should be fine.

Comment

Seems like it would be hard to work with at 4 layers + the top and batting. But if you think you can do it, by all means go for it. Couldn't you use one of the fabrics from the front?
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Why don't you try a small section...or make up a practice sandwich....to see what you thunk....

I agree that white would't be. The right way to go... Just think how easily it would get dirty...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Thanks, all! I'll try a small section as Sandy suggests. I was using leftover strips for top & nothing else in stash blends well. Wanted to finish it up without a trip to fabric store (not close).

Comment

You might need to go a bit wider than the traditional 2.5" binding strips since there will be so much thickness. Definitely increase your stitch length (I'd go to 3.0 or more). Use the walking foot to sew it to the quilt.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
            X