Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

paper piecing harry potter quilt any help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paper piecing harry potter quilt any help.

Hello everyone, I was really hoping someone might be able to help me with the paper piecing harry potter book case quilt that is on line free. I have looked at the patterns and think I could do the easier ones that are available, but I am a bit confused with the printing of the pattern. I purchased some MSQC papers but I am not sure if they are what I need and how I actual print the patter to the papers or do I need to trace the patterns on? If anyone could help me I would so so great full , this quilt is for a surprise graduation gift.. thanks so much

Re: paper piecing harry potter quilt any help.

I have those papers and cut them down to printer paper size. You can see the lines easily.

P1016878.JPG

I originally bought them for a string quilt, so I'm afraid I can't help beyond the printing part. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

The pages are put in your printer and printed out.
      The pattern should have numbers listing the order
      of piecing. This is a easy process, trim your 1/4 inch
      seams and press as you go. Making sure your
      pieces are large enough to cover the piece you are
      stitching in place. End results on paper piecing are
      a great quilt top. A slow process so don't give up,
      take your time. Good luck on your quilt.

Comment

Your printer didn't eat the paper??? Mine did. Gobbled it up to bits, around the rollers and everything.

I may have to try again.

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
        I have those papers and cut them down to printer paper size. You can see the lines easily.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]132352[/ATTACH]

I originally bought them for a string quilt, so I'm afraid I can't help beyond the printing part. lol

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
          Your printer didn't eat the paper??? Mine did. Gobbled it up to bits, around the rollers and everything.

I may have to try again.
          I haven't printed on these papers but did print on some thin newsprint. I found I could not stack the paper in the paper tray. I left some regular copy paper in the tray and then just put one of my newsprint sheets at a time in to print. Worked well this way.

Comment

In the event your paper piecing doesn't work, here's an alternative HP quilt idea. I used HST in a chevron pattern. Still needs binding.

Comment

I'm sorry I can't help you with the paper printing and piecing. I do LOVE that quilt though and would love to make it myself....someday. Please post pics when you are done. I hope this gift isn't needed anytime real soon? That's quite a project chunk you took on. Hey, perhaps you work well under pressure, that's when I get things done! Instead of tackling that quilt, I made my daughter a HP pillow instead http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...hmentid=105418.
              I am Sew Blessed!
              Alina

Comment

I used regular tracing paper in my printer. It tears easily.
                :icon_wave:

Comment

If you use the MSQC papers in your printer ; you will most likely have to leave regular copy paper in you printer and just print one paper at a time. you can also just use regular copy paper to print them out. I use regular paper unless the design has alot of little pieces that may rip out when I take the paper off.
                  Last edited by sleepydiver; June 29, 2016, 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling
                  If you don't ask, you don't get. Ghandi

Toni

Comment

When I paper pieced a project I used Vellum paper--it is kind of like airplane stationary that we used to send mail to my brother in the Navy. Put one piece at a time in the paper tray, printed then put the next sheet in. Have fun.

Comment

When I foundation paper piece, I use Carol Doak's papers. They are already printer size and are like newsprint, thinner than regular paper, so easy to rip off. I doubt a printer would eat those ones, I've never had a problem with them.
                      🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

Working...
                      X