Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seersucker/Denim Backing

Hello all,

I would love to use a mostly denim backing from the Denim Studio line by AGF studios with seersucker. I have only used seersucker for the border of a quilt and it was very thin and harder to work with than I had imagined? I am curious if it will be fine for quilting? Also, has anyone worked with the Denim Studio line for quilting? Will it be okay?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Seersucker/Denim Backing

I honestly wouldn't use them together in the fashion your talking. If you had said seersucker top then back it with denim I would say it would work. I backed my daughters quilt with fleece and regular fabric and it was a pain to quilt. The two different weights because they were big pieces of material were the biggest pain. Just sharing my experience.

Rachel

Comment

I wouldn't use seersucker for quilting at all. Most of it is not 100% cotton and it would be hard to quilt with all the puckers. Also think if you got it quilted you would lose the effect of the puckers in the seersucker.
      Denim I have backed my picnic quilt in and is fine. Just my opinions
      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I would stay with 100% cotton fabrics.
        They wash, shrink, wear the same.
        Using different fabrics than 100% cotton
        will not, wash, shrink, wear the same.

Comment

I definitely would never use seersucker in a quilt.....it's way too thin... And, paring it with denim, which is a lot heavier just wouldn't work... I think you would be very unhappy with the results... And would be frustrated trying to make it work...

Goid luck.... There are lots of other options...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Thank y'all for the replies. So just one of the denim prints from denim studio you think would be fine as a backing?

Comment

Working...
            X