It's a grand old flag - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a grand old flag - question

I bought a great layer cake pack with patriotic reds, whites and blues and was going to make the flag in last year's issue of Block. Now I see that it should have been 5 " squares instead, plus... that pattern makes a kind of tiny quilt. I'd like mine to be larger. What should I do? Should i use the 10 " squares instead, or should I cut them into 4 5 " squares and try to make the flag larger - if I can figure out how...?

Thanks in advance for your input!
    Quilting hugs from Francine

Re: It's a grand old flag - question

I think it depends on how many of the colors are in it. You need more red and whites for the bulk of it, less for the blue. You might need more fabric.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

For starters, you can cut the layer cake in to charms. One layer cake equals 4 charm packs. You can add more blocks to any quilt to make it bigger.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

I would cut the layer cake into 4 charm packs and then maybe double up the pattern - make two rows of red, 2 rows of white, two red, two white, etc. instead of just one at a time. I don't think the flag would look quite right with 10" tumblers.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          I would cut the layer cake into 4 charm packs and then maybe double up the pattern - make two rows of red, 2 rows of white, two red, two white, etc. instead of just one at a time. I don't think the flag would look quite right with 10" tumblers.
          Thanks, I think I'll try it like that!

Comment

Working...
          X