I am new to quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to quilting

and a long time quilter just donated to my stash a box of fabrics. Looking thru them I found most of the pieces are fat quarters, must be about 200+ of them. So my question is-what is your favorite fat quarter friendly quilt pattern? Also now have a large amount of homespuns which I thought would make a super mans quilt.

Re: I am new to quilting

Check out Bonnie Hunter's website. Any of her patterns would work for fat quarters.

Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!: Free Patterns!

Eleanor Burns also has a book called Quick Trip Quilts. The Quick Quarter pattern uses fat quarters. I've made several of these. The more fat quarters used the bigger the size.
    Last edited by quiltsRfun; June 9, 2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Fat Quarters can always be cut up into different sizes - here's an example cut-from-a-fat-quarter.jpg
      ***Kathy***

Comment

What a wonderful gift! That's a lot of fabric.

Comment

You could Google fat quarter friendly quilt patterns and see what you find.The homespuns are perfect for rag quilts.
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Turning Twenty is a great pattern for Fat Quarters.

Comment

Claires-Fat-Quarter-Quilt_Large400_ID-1142873.jpg

Claire's Fat Quarter Quilt | FaveQuilts.com
              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

The first two quilts that my daughter made were from the Turning Twenty book. Each quilt uses 20 fat quarters and it was a great way for her to learn - not just the sewing part but also about fabric choice in regards to pattern and color

Comment

Also, try your local library. I have found a wide variety of books with patterns free of charge, just check them out for 2-6 weeks. Usually long enough to get started or sometimes even complete a quilt. Good luck, great gift you received.

Comment

There are books devoted to FQ quilts -- as KarenC says, check your local library.

200 FQs -- what fun you will have!

Comment

I started out eith The Yellow Brick Road... It calls for just six fat quarters, and is great for a beginner.

Lucky you, to be given do many FQ's.... They were the original precut....and so versitile...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Turning 20 patterns use fat quarters and they are easy to make

Comment

Working...
                        X