X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBCA
    replied
    Re: Ophelia quilt question

I bought this fabric for a quatrefoil quilt for my mother, work in progress. I have a cream linen looking background, deep red and green for the accent squares. I will post pics if I can ever get in finished, keep getting sidetracked, lol. I do like how it is looking.

Leave a comment:

• cofee_iv
    replied

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]131552[/ATTACH] Here is the one I did.
    This is just beautiful! It really gives me a sense about how mine might look if I choose this pattern.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I bought Ophelia to make a Prairie Flower quilt, but haven't started it yet. I also bought French Vanilla for the solid.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

I used the coral/red and a ferny green for the four patches and used nice creamy muslin as the background. I will try to post a picture a little later or tomorrow.
    IMG_0170.jpg Here is the one I did.

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

You could do some of the more traditional quilts like Broken dishes,Dresden plate,etc..

Leave a comment:

• oldsewer
    replied

Friendship star sashing quilt would work with this fabric also.

Leave a comment:

• Deegles
    replied

Jenny did a tutorial of this fabric line. The tutorial was Under the stars. I ended up making a crib size. That fabric was perfect for it. I took a pic of it and uploaded it under my 2016 album if you want a looksee.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

I used the coral/red and a ferny green for the four patches and used nice creamy muslin as the background. I will try to post a picture a little later or tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• cofee_iv
    replied

Originally posted by DramaMama View Post
    If it's for you and your hubby, I would choose a pattern that is not so "girly" or "flowery" (hate to be too stereotypical here).

The fabric is lovely and actually has nice "manly" / neutral colors. Maybe patterns like:

Double Slice Layer Cake
    Alter Ego
    Disappearing Hour Glass

Oh, there are so many that would go well with this fabric -- you can't really go wrong!
    You are so right... you can't go wrong. When I purchased that fabric, I was thinking along the same lines... that it would be something my husband would like.... and he does. I am going to go check out your suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• cofee_iv
    replied

Originally posted by Oleg View Post
    I bought 2 layer cakes to make a Quatrefoil quilt as well! It is on my "future projects to do once I find the time" list.
    I would love to see a photo! I can't believe that two of you ladies did the same with the same fabric!

Leave a comment:

• Oleg
    replied

I bought 2 layer cakes to make a Quatrefoil quilt as well! It is on my "future projects to do once I find the time" list.

Leave a comment:

• DramaMama
    replied

If it's for you and your hubby, I would choose a pattern that is not so "girly" or "flowery" (hate to be too stereotypical here).

The fabric is lovely and actually has nice "manly" / neutral colors. Maybe patterns like:

Double Slice Layer Cake
    Alter Ego
    Disappearing Hour Glass

Oh, there are so many that would go well with this fabric -- you can't really go wrong!

Leave a comment:

• cofee_iv
    replied

This is one of my favorite fabric selections. I made a Quatrefoil from it if I remember correctly.
    I would love to see a photo of this, if possible. It sounds like you and I have similar tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    replied

I like either quatrefoil or the prarie flower.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn J
    replied

I really do like those colors! But, I also dig the story of Ophelia!

Ophelia_1910.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X