Oh no, no, no, no!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, no, no, no!

Just sat down with my quilt sandwich to quilt and just finished doing 4 rows of grid stitching and I have noticed that I have spray basted it with the scrim side of the batting up against the top rather than against the backing. Do I really have to unpick and dismantle the sandwich to flip the batting over? Will it traumatize the batting pulling the spray basted top and backing off it and then re-doing? Oh dear, it is the end of a miserable day and I couldn't despair any more if I tried! Is this really a big no-no to have the scrim facing up? Opinions please...I don't want to do the wrong thing here. sigh......

Re: Oh no, no, no, no!

No it's not just continue on it will be ok

Comment

I'm pretty sure I don't pay attention to which side of the batting is down.

Comment

Batting has sides???!!
        Cindy

Comment

Me? Unless there was a lot of bearding on the backside of your quilt, I would leave. Here's an article that explains it.

Blog - Batting has an "up" and "down"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
            Batting has sides???!!
            Yes, it does but it isn't the end of the world if you don't choose the correct side. Since I learned that there was a difference I am mindful as to which end is up, so to speak.
            Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

But not all batting has scrim. So if you have the kind that does not have scrim, is there still an up and down side?
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I agree with all who have said this will be fine. This happened to me once. The reason I found out about 'up and down' with some batting was because as I was quilting, I noticed that I would occasionally get a very, teeny tiny bit of batting pulled up to the top by the needle. I had no other problems, and the quilt has gone through a few washings with no problems also.

Here is a link to a bog about the 'right' and 'wrong' sides of batting: Blog - Batting has an "up" and "down"
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

all very interesting. I learn something new everyday. I didn't even think about a right and wrong side. I guess that's why I'm so happy...I don't even know the questions to ask
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

Thanks for posting that site about the batting having an Up and Down. I will definitely keep that out at all times.

Comment

I didn't know that was right and wrong side batting! I learned something new today!
                      Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                        Batting has sides???!!
                        Lol! My exact reaction!
                        Design. Make. Collaborate.
                        www.QuiltFusion.com

Comment

So, the side that has dimples - is that next to the top fabric or next to the backing fabric?
                          Vonnie

Comment

I have never paid attention to which side is where - never any issues. There is enough to worry about. Go for it as is.
                            Karen
                            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

If it doesn't look any worse than the hair on my chin, I'd leave it as is.

Comment

Working...
                              X