Using Bloc loc with rotating cutting mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Bloc loc with rotating cutting mat

If I am squaring up HST on a rotating mat, do I still need to pivot the ruler too--or just slide it down after cutting the first two sides, turn the mat then cut the other two sides? I don't have the ruler but am thinking of getting the 6-1/2". Couldn't quite tell after viewing YT video bc she used a regular mat plus she is left handed.

Re: Using Bloc loc with rotating cutting mat

You only turn the block if you don't rotate the mat. You are right, with a rotating mat you just rotate the mat then you just slide the ruler down and trim again.

Comment

Thanks. Then I guess it will make my job easier if I buy the ruler.

Comment

Sorry no help on this post, but I have looked at the rulers and wondered if they are worth the price. (They are very pricey.) What does everyone say?

Comment

I prefer Eleanor Burns HST Square Up ruler because you are able to trim your HST before they are pressed and in my opinion, is a much faster process.

Comment

Originally posted by janbee View Post
            I prefer Eleanor Burns HST Square Up ruler because you are able to trim your HST before they are pressed and in my opinion, is a much faster process.
            You have no concern about pressing distorting the size of your HSTs? I've noted that mine are slightly different depending on if the seams are pressed to the side or open.

Comment

Working...
            X