I NEED HELP(desperate(ha-ha) help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED HELP(desperate(ha-ha) help

I'm looking for a web sight, in which to make alphabet letters out of fabric . I'm in the process of makeing quilts for my grdkids. I'm starting out with my 2 grt grdsons-cameron & carson. And somehow work their names into there quilts. I would like to go with small letter alphabet. Or if anyone, has the templates, I could borrow, or buy. Don-isewman

Re: I NEED HELP(desperate(ha-ha) help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIPP7SNI33M

How about this ?

or this

https://www.google.se/webhp?sourceid...%20of%20fabric
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

I would like to suggest some applique scissors for your projects.

Straight Applique Scissors from ConnectingThreads.com
      sigpic

Lorie

Comment

I seen a nice pack at Hancocks check them out online too.

....Bee
        The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
        ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

I've used alphabet stencils from Hobby Lobby. Just trace out their names, then enlarge or reduce on a copier as needed. Then I traced them onto fusible. Worked great.
          Last edited by quiltingaway; December 15th, 2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

scroll down for letters: Free Applique Patterns

http://www.shinyhappyworld.com/2015/...e-pattern.html
            Last edited by Sharyn J; December 15th, 2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Here's a link you might like. Costs 7 bucks but you might be able to figure them out from the picture:

https://www.laundrybasketquilts.com/online-shop.html#!/Alphabet-Pattern/p/36362484/category=11175198

oh wait, you said applique. nevermind
              Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all!

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

Did you want regular script that looks like handwriting - all letters joined?

If so, if you have a computer with even wordpad, you can write the names yourself and use wonder under and fabric to turn them into appliques. The other would be a friend or a shop that has a Brother Scan and Cut or a Silhouette Cameo and they can cut the letters out as full applique ready to go. All you would need to do is stitch them down.

Comment

I made some not long ago & they turned out really cute. One thing I learned....use different fabric on the front but the SAME fabric on the back. That way when the kiddos start learning about the alphabet, they will know which way to turn them to make it easier. I just used fonts on the computer, blew them up to the size I wanted & then put a piece of coping paper on the monitor & traced around them for my templates. Also, I found out that it is easy to just pin the template on the three layers of fabric & sew around it. That way you don't have to do all that marking of the templates. Made the process a lot faster. I made numbers also. I cut around mine with pinking shears.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm so sorry...I just re-read your post & realize that you are wanting to incorporate letters in your quilt. My previous post was how to make fabric alphabets. So sorry for the mistake on my part. However, you could make some alphabets for them as an extra gift.

Comment

Originally posted by isewman View Post
                      I'm looking for a web sight, in which to make alphabet letters out of fabric . I'm in the process of makeing quilts for my grdkids. I'm starting out with my 2 grt grdsons-cameron & carson. And somehow work their names into there quilts. I would like to go with small letter alphabet. Or if anyone, has the templates, I could borrow, or buy. Don-isewman
                      Am I guessing wrong to think you mean you are going to applique the letters directly on to the fabric? If you are I just google "coloring book letters" and copy into a Word document and adjust size according to what is needed. Here are two examples of how I used them. I outline the letters with a Sharpie pen, place a sheet of lite heat 'n bond over it and trace and iron to fabric and iron to the quilt.

Hope this helps.
                      Attached Files
                      Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Shabby Fabrics has laser cut shapes and alphabet letters (in various sizes, I think).

If you check out their FAQ's it will tell you what monthly quilting magazines they put coupon codes in!

If you sign up for their emails, I think you get a discount code on your first order.
                        Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link:
                        http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

What I have done with the two quilts I appliqued names on was to experiment with the fonts on my computer. When I found one I liked, I enlarged it to the right size and traced it on fusible web. After I fused it down, I stitched it down, straight stitch with invisible thread and then zig-zagged over it with matching thread.
                          Last edited by dwil23; December 16th, 2015, 04:59 AM.
                          Donna

Comment

Originally posted by osewme View Post
                            I'm so sorry...I just re-read your post & realize that you are wanting to incorporate letters in your quilt. My previous post was how to make fabric alphabets. So sorry for the mistake on my part. However, you could make some alphabets for them as an extra gift.
                            But your idea is a great idea for an activity for kids!

Comment

I have just found a good basic font on the computer and enlarged it to what size I want and printed it out for my pattern. I have found not too fancy is best....easier to applique. You can enlarge fonts to most any size by typing in a number rather than choose the small numbers like 12. You may have to go up to 100 or so. Good luck!
                              Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Working...
                              X