Pellon fusible fleece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellon fusible fleece

I hope this is not too stupid of a question, but I am just starting out learning to quilt and am confused about batting. Is the Pellon fusible fleece the same thing as batting? This is also my first post so if I am putting this in the wrong forum, please let me know. Thanks,

Re: Pellon fusible fleece

Hello Angelgirl

Pellon fusible fleece is a stabilizer. It's used to make stable things (like pocket-to-go) or for applique.

Batting is the center of the quilt, between the quilt top and the backing.

Hope that helps
    "Only God is perfect, my quilts don't have to be!"

Comment

Angelgirl, welcome to the forum from Ohio! Do not apologize for any question here on this forum! No such thing as a stupid question. And in the world of sewing today there are so many options for different products and many new products, you just have to ask and research to figure out what is best for your project. You will be amazed and delighted at the level of expertise on this forum for any question. And even better, use the search box at the top of the forum to find info you want contained in old threads. It's a gold mine.

Comment

I just bought pellon fusible fleece to make a pouch to hold a kindle. I think it is more for crafty things rather then a quilt.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

I use fusible fleece to make tote bags. It's too stiff for a quilt.

A lot of people like Warm and Natural or Quilters Dream for batting for a quilt.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/browse?q=batting
            LOL - fabric with bats and baseball bats showed up!
            Vonnie

Comment

Fusible fleece is great for tablerunners, placemats, bags, mug rugs, etc...

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I've used the fusible fleece in ditty bags.

I really like Quilter's Dream Cotton batting for quilts. My machine thinks it's the best.
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.Don't ever be afraid to ask a question that's how you learn and what the forum is for.
                  Joan

Comment

Hi! There are so many products out there, it's a good idea to ask.

If the fusible part was what caught your eye, Mountain Mist (and possibly June Tailor if I recall) makes a fusible batting. I've never used it but am looking into it for a couple of gift quilts I just want to throw together.

Comment

Working...
                    X