Vandani threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vandani threads

has anyone used threads from this company?
    I LOVE JESUS

Re: Vandani threads

Sorry, I've never heard of them. Where did you see/get the thread??
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I haven't heard of them either.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Do you mean the pearl cotton for embroidery? I haven't used it but it sure does come in pretty colors. I use Sulky but I don't do too much embroidery and it came in a kit. What are you going to use it for? I sure am nosy, huh?
        Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all! :icon_wave:

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Comment

When I first started longarm quilting back in 2003, Valdani was one of the top cotton threads everyone was using. It is made in Romania. They had an amazing array of colours and some even more amazing variegated threads. Unfortunately their quality control slipped a little too often and quilters got tired of seeing inconsistencies in the spools. You would get a lot of "slubs" and knots in the thread which caused a lot of headaches. Eventually Signature, Superior and YLI came around with some great threads and longarmers switched over to those brands. I dont know if Valdani has changed their quality. I've never used their embroidery floss or pearl cottons.

Comment

I have trouble with the Valdani pearl cotton embroidery thread. It shred's, twist and knots up even with using bee's wax and sewers aid. I now try to only buy DMI. A lot less headaches.

Comment

I use valdani size 8 pearl cotton for hand embroidery on wool applique. I like it better than DMC size 8.

Comment

I use Valdani for hand embroidery, and I love it!

Comment

When I was on my local quilt shop a couple of the quilt shops raved about Valdani - I think it was more for appliquing with wool so not sure what type of Valdani thread that would be. I don't know nothing about appliquing wool stuff.

Comment

Yeah. It's pretty linty. My lqs used to Cary it but they are phasing it out. I liked the Colorado and bought a few. I believe they are either 40 or 50 weight.
                    🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

thanks all..i was going to use it for hand quilting....but don't think so now. will stick with what I have been using.
                      I LOVE JESUS

Comment

Working...
                      X